OpenCPU User Manual
Chapter 1 Welcome
1.1 Why OpenCPU
Apps. Integration. Mature. Scalable and hackable. Fully open source.
1.2 How it works
- API for calling R functions and scripts, and managing resources (objects, files, graphics, …)
- Central: leverages R packages. Packages are natural and powerful container format for R bundling and shipping R code, data, manuals and files.
- Apps in OpencPU are simply R packages containing R functions.
Very flexible and scalable R backend. Builds apps, call it from services or data pipelines.
- R package: single-user server
- Apache server:
- Public cloud server: https://cloud.opencpu.org
- Docker Containers with
- Apps based on
- R client for testing
1.4 Information and support
- API docs
- Jeroen paper
- Stack Overflow
- Mailing list